Ukulele Repair: Completed

I built this ukulele 5 years ago. The owner brought it back after someone had stepped on it. Originally it had a Koa top on it. I did not have another piece of Koa large enough so I changed it up a bit with this nice tight grain fir. The original top only had 2 transverse braces and bridge plate. I was able to salvage the original redwood transverse braces then added the fir sound hole patch, redwood “A” braces and a fir bridge plate. Salvaged the original binding as well. Then to prevent further accidents I built a case for it. Still have to add feet, latches, a neck rest and the fitted foam interior and lining. Will share more when complete.

UPDATE: The repair work and case are complete!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.