Ukulele Progress

The final finish is coming along on the Baritone and Soprano Ukuleles. To enhance but not take away from the natural beauty of the Koa, Walnut and Cocobolo I am doing a hand rubbed satin oil-varnish finish. In the meantime I have made a few bridges.
The top bridge is for the Baritone. The bottom bridge is the first one I made for the Soprano but did not like it, too much for such a small instrument, so the middle bridge will be for the Soprano, All are made of Honduran Rosewood with Ebony tie block inlay.
These were made as traditional, single-hole tie on bridges as that was the look I was going for. Next time I may try the modern 3 hole tie-on bridge.
Ukulele Bridges
 
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.