More Necks On Order

Got an order for 8 more custom necks. Doing a couple LP style bolt-ons, 4 tilt-back Tele style bolt-ons, a 5 string P-Bass style bolt on and a Rickenbacker style bolt on bass neck, The bass necks have a zebra wood head cap on one and an ebony head cap on the other. The fingerboards are bocote and ebony (the bass fingerboards are not pictured.)

Ukulele Repair: Completed

I built this ukulele 5 years ago. The owner brought it back after someone had stepped on it. Originally it had a Koa top on it. I did not have another piece of Koa large enough so I changed it up a bit with this nice tight grain fir. The original top only had 2 transverse braces and bridge plate. I was able to salvage the original redwood transverse braces then added the fir sound hole patch, redwood “A” braces and a fir bridge plate. Salvaged the original binding as well. Then to prevent further accidents I built a case for it. Still have to add feet, latches, a neck rest and the fitted foam interior and lining. Will share more when complete.

UPDATE: The repair work and case are complete!

Charvel Re-Finish

Had a customer bring in this ’89 Charvel for a re-finish. The black and cream tiger stripe was kind of cool but for one the string ferrules and bridge inserts were painted over and the finish was sticky. The lining from the case was sticking to the end of the guitar and the back of the neck as well some dents in the back of the neck and finish worn off where it was hanging near the head stock. Not knowing what was going on under the finish I dug into it and found the original finish underneath. After some research found out that it was originally transparent purple. So that is where the guitar is headed once again. I am doing nitrocellulose lacquer instead of the polyester finish that was used in the factory. But so far the customer is super excited about the progress. Hope to be done with finish coats by the end of next week then after some drying time it’ll get buffed out and put back together.

no images were found

Concerning Acoustic Strap Secure

Due to difficulties with my manufacturer, as of now the entire line of Acoustic Strap Secure will be discontinued. I have been seeking a new manufacturer but it has been difficult to find one that will work with me on a small order basis. If anyone has any leads or suggestions please feel free to contact me so that I may continue manufacturing and selling the Acoustic Strap Secure. It has been over 5 years since I sold my first Acoustic Strap Secure. Thanks to everyone for your support.

Out of Shop

Starting Monday, January 6, 2020 I will be out of the shop serving jury duty. Will post if I am out of the shop for more than this week. If you need to get hold of me please do so through email (mdluthiery@gmail.com) or on my facebook or instagram pages.

Thank you!

Around the Shop

Been busy since I have gone full time working for myself. Building a lot of custom necks for customers. Also started 4 electric basses and 5 electric guitars. Here are a few select pictures of what I have been doing. For more up to date pictures, videos and (almost) daily uploads please find and follow me on Facebook and Instagram.

no images were found

no images were found

no images were found

no images were found

no images were found

Walnut fingerboards with figured maple “MD” inlay.

New Email

Been having some issues with MacMail communicating with my website hosted email so all further contact will be through mdluthiery@gmail.com. I believe I have all contact forms and links updated to reflect the gmail address.